Monday, July 23, 2012

Tell Me More...Amber


I grew up in Upper Michigan. Yep...I am a YOOPER...and always will be! My parents owned a restaurant, Konteka, for 30 years. It had a dining room, bar, bowling alley, and motel. I could go on and on about this experience in my life but all I will say is...WHY WAS I NOT IN THE KITCHEN MORE LEARNING HOW TO COOK!

Families would drive hours to come and eat at our place to watch the bears.  Now I bring Cayden there!
Family....We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!  
LOVE THIS QUOTE!

Yes....I have 3 ring boys and 2 flower girls...I love kids!


I have to say I loved my dress and my hair!  The day was PERFECT!

As a family we enjoy going to hockey games.  Go Red Wings & Wild!
ENJOY...making Birthday Cakes for my family.  This year Cayden wants a monster truck cake.  Not sure how I am going to do it yet...but it's all good!



 
Love your hairstylist...Love yourself! 
My husband always says my hair changes with the seasons. HA!

Friend, ME~BLONDE, Friend, Friend

Kind of a light dirty ash blonde

Dark Brown and still long!

I am ready for a change...I am thinking about going "SHORT" for the new school year.  Maybe a choppy funky bob style!  It is hard to cut it...but it grows back...right!?!

Things I LOVE...

I wish I had the time to have a ladies "I Love the 80's" Movie night each month.  Make time...right!!!

Sugar Free Tropical Punch Kool-Aid... HEAVEN.  Could not find it in the stores in our area this summer.  My bestie bought me some on Amazon.  Isn't she great!?! 

I JUST LOVE ELLEN!  Everyone should make time to dance!

Losing weight...something I have struggled with for about 8 years now...yes I said 8 years.  Enough is enough.  This is my year! 



Bonnie's Angels....I heard a saying recently that has just stuck with me and I am not sure why...Gods way of helping you heal.  He helps your mind forget so your heart doesn't keep breaking.  Last summer 11 wonderful ladies came with me to Vegas to remember my mom, Bonnie.  We all wore shirts and hats that said, Bonnie's Angels.  It was a time I will always remember!  I also got to go to the SDE Kindergarten Conference while I was there. 


Speaking of SDE Kindergarten Conferences...
I really enjoyed reading the posts and seeing the pictures of this years SDE conference in Vegas. I wish I could have been there! If you are still reading this post....I have some exciting news to share with you. I will be presenting at the SDE Kindergarten Conference in Indy!

Yes...that is me..the one on the top right.  I still can't beleive it! 

 If you know me you know that I have a passion for presenting.   Why?   I love that I have the ability to share ideas, inspire others, opportunity to learn more, and most of all it is fun!

Enjoy the rest of your summer, and thanks for reading! Amber

6 comments:

  1. Amber,
    I read this post and remember when I had the fabulous opportunity to meet you and Luann. I loved both of you in a matter of seconds. I wish you could have been there this year but I am hoping you come to Vegas next summer. I would love to come to your presentation!
    much love,
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran...maybe we will be presenting together next summer in Vegas! Wouldn't it be cool if ALL bloggers could meet in one building for 3 days of learning from eachother!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from Michigan and went to school at LSSU. Where in the UP are you from?
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to change up the hairstyles too!! And, yes, it's just hair and will grow back! It just might take a little longer than you initially thought :)

    Kelly
    Beg, Borrow, Steal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than an 80's movie! We have movie night on the rocks during the summer and they usually throw in a few fantastic 80's classics! I love the cakes you make. I just posted in my "Tell Me More" that growing up, I NEVER had cake from the store. My mom made every single one!
    ❤Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Stop by my blog to pick it up: http://pocketfulofcenters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace