Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thinking Next School Year Already...Are You?

5 items you should not live without this next school year...just sayin'.
Pom~Poms
How adorable is my room going to look with these hanging above each center area.  Love~Love~Love...I hope I love them as much when I try to make them myself!

A Year Long Planning Guide
Arianne from Ketchen's Kindergarten is sharing her year long planning guide with you.  Stop by her blog {click right here} to check it out.  I have added it to my list of things to do this summer!

Blasting Off with Reader's Workshop
Kim Adsit and her super smart friend Michelle have come up with a great resource for the launch off of your reader's workshop.  {click right here} to go to her blog.  Here is a picture of the anchor chart they used.  Plus...It even has a cute craft activity to celebrate the end of the unit! 

Phonemic Awareness Activities
LuAnn and I have created 10 different Phonological Awareness Activities to use in your classroom.  We feel that it is important for students to have a great phonological awareness understaning to be successful in reading.  {click here} to go to our Teachers Notebook to learn more about them. 

Cute Fonts
Yes....I have to have fonts that have "cuteness" written all over them when I am creating stuff.  Check out the blog Hello Literacy {click here} and find the cutest fonts to use in your classroom.  Plus...her title says it all!  If you have not been to her blog, she has fantastic ideas for literacy in  your classroom.

Summer Rocks,
Amber

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to all these goodies!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Jennifer. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I really enjoy checking things out on your blog!!! Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these ideas. Your phonics stuff looks awesome.. all added to my wish list! I am your newest follower!
    Heather
    Kickin' it in Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to put those pom poms in my room next year too.

    april
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pom poms are absolutely adorable! I can't wait to make a few for my class library!

    Michele
    Peace, Love, Pre-K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas!! I am looking forward to making those pompoms for my classroom also! I just found the perfect tissue paper at Hobby Lobby yesterday to match my classroom theme!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a cute, Rockin' blog:) I'm your newest follower!!
    I wanted to invite you over to my site! I've got some great resources that I just posted and I know you would love to have them for your little ones....there's going to be a giveaway EVERY Day for the next 5 days!! WooHoo!!

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute sight; LOVE your ideas! Can you please share with me how you make the large Pom Poms - I MUST have some in my clasroom! :o)

    Feel free to email me: snallink@yahoo.com

    THANK YOU sooooo- much for sharing your awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How to make a tissue POM POM? I have not tried it yet but if you GOOGLE you will find a link from Martha Stewart how to make tissue pom poms. I hope this helps and have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those poms! I was wondering if you were planning to make your calendar time packs that you made last year? I am looking at getting a jump start on my year.

    Thanks!
    Lishelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness...I want pom poms too!! Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you can buy tissue paper pom poms from Micheals and Party City. You can also make them yourself by googling a "how to tissue paper pom poms" from Martha Stewart. I will share my pictures when I make them closer to when school starts. Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! I am your newest follower. I just wanted to let you know that I am passing on the One Lovely Blog award to you for such a cute blog! You can pick up the award at my blog:www.sweetkinders.blogspot.com.

    Thanks,

    Amber Huber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I meant to say thanks to We Teach Like a Rockstar:) But thanks for posting about the pom poms !! II really want some!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too bad I've been under a rock and didn't see this shout out! Thanks so much! :)

    Heading over to check out the Phonics packs now. and p.s I need some pom poms stat!!!

    Arianne
    Ketchen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace