Sunday, December 11, 2011

HO, HO, HO or a Lump of Coal!


LuAnn
This game is played just like “Crash” or “Pop” or any other game of that type.  The kids will draw one card at a time from Santa’s hat.  If they draw a sight word, they must correctly identify the sight word to keep it.  If they don’t, they must return it to the Santa hat.  If they draw a “HO, HO, HO” card, they get to keep the card and pick again.  If they draw a “Lump of Coal,” they must place all of their cards back into Santa’s hat.  The game continues until all cards are gone or time is up.

Click here for HO ~ HO ~ HO & A Lump Of Coal!

10 comments:

  1. Your game is so cool! I could really use this in the next 8 days! Where can I find it on your shutterfly site?
    Karen.strawser@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very creative idea. Great work!
    Dawn
    http://literacymathideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you send it to me?
    5ksupersmarties@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also like to have a copy.

    silverbug@hellokitty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your comments. I have added the link for the Santa (Ho-Ho-Ho) and the lump of coal. I hope this helps! Enjoy your Holiday break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did this with my small groups today! Huge hit! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what we will be doing next week! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grabbing this for next year! So cute! Thank you so much for sharing it. We played a game like this at Thanksgiving and if they got the pilgrim the game was over and they were dead meat! hahaha

    I also have an ending sounds one that is an ocean theme. Both are *freebies* on my blog.

    I am your newest follower and would love for you to come and follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please send this to me! jonitadixon@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace