Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Kindergarten Keeper!

When I was in Kindergarten, Mrs. Dickow traced out our body lines and we got to color it in.  Then she cut it out.  See picture below as an example.  I am going to take it one step further next school year and have the students write down 5 tops things they did during their kindergarten year on strips of paper to glue on their body.  For example, I learned 30 sight words, I watched the principal kiss a pig, I can count by 5's to 100, I went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch, or I went on a vacation with my family to the zoo.  Then, I am going to add 5 more strips with information about the year. For example, top song, favorite movie, president, etc. to the body.  Hopefully...this will be a keeper in each household.  Wouldn't it be fun to go to their graduation party and see it hung up!?!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace